Here we will periodically rotate several images from the town archives. Check back periodically for different photographs.
A view of the Caton Brothers straw factory from the late 1800s or early 1900s. This building stood at the foot of Bird Street--Neponset Ave is visible in the background and passes left to right.
A view of the Center School from the early 1900s as it stood behind the present day Town Hall.
An early view of Main Street as captured from the steeple of Bethany Church. Since the Foxborough State Hospital is not in the background, we know this image predates the 1890s.
A view of Central Street taken from the Town Common before the advent of the automobile.
A shot of the attorney George Ellis' home on Pleasant Street at the intersection of Comey circa 1890.
These images all have one thing in common: they were donated to either the Foxborough Historical Society or the Foxborough Historical Commission and now are housed in the town archives. While some images in our archives were donated without a notion that they involved the history of the town, some of these images are remarkable in either their content or what they tell us about the town's past.
If you have an image that may be of historical interest to the town of Foxborough, please don't hesitate to contact either the webmaster of this website or a member of the Historical Commision or Society. Even images captured in our lifetime such as the blizzard of 1978, or the saving of the Kerr - Carpenter - Haigis home will hopefully leave a small legacy behind to future residents of town.
This page was last updated 08/02/2016
Images appearing on this website may not be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from the Foxborough Historical Commission.